Sunday, October 14, 2007

Bracelets


Patty, you already know that I am obsessed with bracelets. Here are four I have made. The first is a pattern I found in Bead and Button magazine. I love the magnetic clasp. Its so easy to lock in place. The stitch is a variation on a daisy chain. The next is also a pattern from Bead and Button. The buttons are vintage Czech glass buttons I found at A Beaucoup Conge in Tucson combined with hemitite squares and some vintage black bicones plus other beads. Photographed nicely, don't you think? Neither pattern is difficult.


The black bracelet with the red drop beads is da da da dahhh! Beaded Needle Tatting. My sister Kathleen taught me how to do this pattern. It is a little trickier. Actually takes me longer to layout the pattern of beads and thread them on the cord than the actual tatting. I used a button closure.
Don't you love the colors in the last bracelet - periwinkle, lavender and blue with a mother of pearl button closure? The leaf fringe pattern is a bit tedious (another one I lifted off the pages of Bead and Button) but the effort is worth it to create the feathering effect. If you're thinking I take all my patterns from Bead and Button you are only partially right, since all of my best ideas are borrowed. I also refer to Bead Style and Bead Works among others- Cynthia

No comments: